Some girls collect bags. Others collect shoes. I collect makeup.
Although, I have always been feminine, my addiction to makeup is fairly recent.
Here is how it began.
I met makeup at a young age. After we were introduced, I slowly began to
spend more time with it. As a child, I remember applying eye shadow thickly
upon my eyelids as it was only makeup that I owned. I only had one colour and
it was purple. I had no experience with makeup at this stage and I have learnt
so much about makeup in my 22 years of life.
Through a trial and error process, I experimented with different products.
Some of those experiences were great, like finding a new foundation, which gave
me a flawless look. Other times resulted in a bad skin reaction. But these
experiences, like any experience provide knowledge and sometimes, humour! There
was one time as a kid I received a clear, glitter nail polish. For some (odd)
reason, I thought the nail polish said hair polish - little did I know that the
sticky gel-like fluid was for your nails, not to apply glitter to my hair! As
I grew older, I started to use more high-end products and developed more skills
in the application of makeup.
During my teenage years, I wore makeup, just like any other teenage
girl, but I wasn’t hugely interested in the area. As much as I liked dressing
up and applying a bit of makeup on each day, at that point in my life my love
was for my ever-expanding wardrobe. I would spend the majority of my earnings
on buying new party dresses, blouses and denim shorts. It got to a point when I
was spending more money than I was earning. Finally in February this year, I
decided to do something that I knew needed to be done, or I would have some
serious debt problems. A clothing-shopping ban. So I went without buying
clothes for three months, and actually stuck to it (believe it or not)! During
this time, my love for makeup grew and grew. Soon enough, we were inseparable.
I became interested in trying different products and brands, reading beauty
blogs and watching beauty videos on YouTube.
These days, I have a fairly extensive makeup collection, which my bank
account isn't too pleased about. But I love makeup. I love the colors. I love
the textures. I love the shimmer.
If you love makeup as much as I do, I hope you can learn from all my
experiences. Talk to you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment